Friday, February 8, 2008

Extra Cash

So I was listening to the radio this morning, and they mentioned the check coming this summer. I am talking about the money that we are getting to help the upcoming recession. Now I was thinking, what will I do with my check. Spending it is out of the question, but how about a CD. Then again, if we do experience a recession a CD will probably not be safe. And then I thought, it seems like the money is being given to us so we do spend. Just like we will all probably spend our income tax money. I think I just might be thinking about this too much. I guess what is freaking me out is the idea of recession.
What do you guys think?

3 comments:

erissa said...

Correct me if i'm wrong, but I think only certain people are going to get the check. They are not sending it to everyone. I do hope your one of the lucky ones... that way you can buy your cd.

Oscar said...

I filed my taxes this morning and and asked the tax guy "so what is up with the check this summer?" His response was that what the politicians have so carefully phrased was the word "rebate" because it is not free money. It is money that is coming out of your next years taxes. So come next tax season (not this one) your tax return will be less. This "booster shot" is really just a quick fix but there is going to be hell to pay later on down the road.

mcalvillo said...

I guess it is just like everything else,huh. The government once again makes it seem like they are just trying to help us, but we are just shooting ourselves on the foot if we don't get informed. Thanks for the enlightment.